Koofers considers it a privilege to help students achieve their academic objectives. We are passionate about advancing the aims of higher education. Therefore, it is a fundamental principle of Koofers that we maintain an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of academic integrity in everything we do.
- We contact the Honor Councils at each university we serve to establish a dialogue for discussing any questions or concerns. It is our desire to know and understand individual school policies so we can build and modify our service to achieve full compliance at each institution.
- We encourage faculty to join our service. At Koofers, we believe that the involvement of professors is not only preferable, it is essential to ensuring the academic integrity of our services.
- We believe that all students should compete on a "level playing field," and as such we provide equal access to study materials for all. Almost all universities have policies in place encouraging this type of equal opportunity.
- We do not condone or allow the distribution of prohibited materials (e.g., stolen exams, term papers, tests that have not been permanently returned, etc.). We will respond promptly and take corrective measures if we learn of any student activity that is not consistent with this commitment.
- Koofers is a proud member of the Center for Academic Integrity (www.academicintegrity.org).
We encourage faculty participation.
As we introduce new social learning technologies, we at Koofers believe that professor involvement is essential to ensuring the academic integrity of such services. In fact, by encouraging professors to participate fully in Koofers' services, we believe we can achieve an optimal outcome for all members of the university community. We openly welcome professors to use the Koofers platform to deepen the level of their involvement in their students' learning.
As a company, we meet regularly with senior university personnel: Provosts, Presidents, Deans, Faculty Senate, Academic Affairs personnel, Ombudspersons, Student Government Associations and others. We enjoy the opportunity to interact with the academic community we serve, and we benefit from the open dialogue and feedback offered. To schedule a meeting contact: UniversityRelations@koofers.com.
We provide equal access to study materials - a "level playing field".
Universities have long recognized the need to ensure equal access to study materials for all students. And, historically, many instructors have sought to fulfill this need by placing materials on reserve in libraries, or by posting materials on their individual websites. Unfortunately, these documents are often difficult to locate, not catalogued appropriately, or unavailable when needed. Student-run repositories tend to contain newer materials, and are often better managed, but are often made available only to select groups of students. The Koofers service is designed to ensure that ALL students have equal access to the study materials they need to achieve their academic goals. Koofers takes this philosophy and rolls it out on a nationwide platform, making sure study materials are equally accessible and available to everyone.
We do not allow the use of prohibited materials.
We do not condone or allow the distribution of prohibited materials (e.g., stolen exams, term papers, tests that have not been permanently returned, etc.). We adhere to honor codes and academic policies in place at each individual university, and we will respond promptly and take corrective measures if we learn of any activity that is not consistent with school policies.