Koofers

Past Exam for MATH 110 - ELEM MATH MODELS at Maryland (UMD)

Exam Information

Material Type:Exam 3
Professor:Staff
Class:MATH 110 - ELEM MATH MODELS
Subject:Mathematics
University:University of Maryland
Term:Spring 2004
Keywords:
  • Unauthorized
  • Either...or
  • The Independent
  • Independent
  • Lawn Mowers
  • In/on/at a Place
  • Conditional
  • Exclusive Or
  • Independence
  • Following Problems
Login / Sign Up to View Document
Preview Page 1Preview Page 2Preview Page 3Preview Page 4

Sample Document Text

Name Section Math ttO,Exam 3A -------------------- --------- Show all work! May 3,2004 [8] 1. Let peA) = .35 and PCB) = .45. If A and B are mutually exclusive events, find the following. a) peA u B) b) peA (\ B) [9] 2. A game consists of a player rolling one 4-sided die and drawing one card from a stack of 6 cards. The die has the numbers 1,2;3 ,or 4 respectively on its faces while the cards are printed with the letters A,B,C,D,E,or F respectively. a) Write a sample space of equally likely events that includes all possible outcomes for one player's tum at the game. b) List the elements in the event M, that the player rolls an even number and draws a consonant. c) Find the probability of rolling an odd number, given that you roll a number less than 4. [16] 3. Circle the correct answer T F (a)Given sample space S ={x,y,z}, then P(x)=.7, P(y)=.3 and P(z)=.4, is a valid probability assignment. T F (b) If there is a 60% chance of rain today, then there is a 40% that it will not rain to...

Related Documents

Breaking Strength Exam
Immediately Exam
Target Cost Exam
Unauthorized Exam
Either...or Exam
Time Deposit Exam
Transmission Exam
Economic Environment Exam
The Independent Exam
Adulteration Exam
The Independent Exam
Target Cost Exam
Streamlining Exam
Design Team Quiz
Unauthorized Exam
Exclusive Or Exam
155, "/var/app/current/tmp/"